Preparing your property for concrete is no simple task, and should not be taken lightly. If done improperly, your concrete can crack and become a major problem. While good finishing methods will help your concrete look good for a while, proper site preparation will ensure that it stays looking that good over its lifetime. Here’s what you’ll need to do before concrete contractors pour your concrete:
If your concrete is being poured outdoors:
- Clear away any obstructions. If there are any trees, bushes, or other elements in the way of where you want your concrete poured, you will need to have these removed. Make sure that all roots are removed as well.
- Make sure your driveway remains clear so that concrete mixing trucks can move about with ease. The closer their equipment is to them, the shorter the time it will take them to finish.
- Clear the perimeter of your house to avoid any damage–including plants. This can be done by a landscaping professional that can replant them afterwards, or you can do it yourself.
- Do not replant or perform any landscaping until the crew is 100% finished.
- Make sure pathways leading into your house are clear as well; it is likely that workers will need to come in and out to monitor lift and structure.
If your concrete is being poured indoors:
- Make sure pets do not have access to the work area.
- Clear away any wall hangings or pictures from walls that surround the work area.
- If you are able, make plans outside of the house while the project is being completed. The crew might try to keep the noise at bay, but at least some noise and vibrations are bound to occur.
- Be sure to protect any nearby furniture with a dropcloth.
- Move any debris, items, or furniture out of the way that could become tripping hazards for workers as they move around the house.
Preparing your property for the crew will make the job faster and easier for everyone, ensuring their safety, and protecting your furniture or other items. At Port Aggregates, we take efficiency, cleanliness, and respect of you and your home very seriously. We do everything we can to guarantee that we not only get the job done quickly, but correctly and without damage. Contact us today for your indoor or outdoor concrete needs!